THE BUDGET PROCESS
9:00 am – 4:30 pm
SAVE THE DATE!
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Southwest Higher Education Center
One Partnership Circle, Abingdon, VA
Setting Budget Priorities with Elected Officials
- What to do when there is no strategic plan?
- Setting Priorities Early On
- What about Financial Policies?
- Local Revenues, State Revenues, Other Fund Revenues
- Projections, Estimates, and Other Revenue Issues
- The Personnel Budget
- Operating Budget
- Capital and Connection with the CIP
- What’s the point?
- How much can you afford? How do you know?
Working with Elected Officials
- How to prepare for workshops, meetings and the Public Hearing
- How to prepare for adoption, what’s next after adoption?
Technical Support – VT staff will have sample spreadsheets, powerpoints, and other information available for local governments. Registration link and more information to be provided in the next few weeks.
Questions? Contact Stephanie Davis, Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org