THE BUDGET PROCESS
9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Southwest Higher Education Center
One Partnership Circle, Abingdon, VA
Setting Budget Priorities with Elected Officials
- What to do when there is no strategic plan?
- Setting Priorities Early On
- What about Financial Policies?
- Local Revenues, State Revenues, Other Fund Revenues
- Projections, Estimates, and Other Revenue Issues
- The Personnel Budget
- Operating Budget
- Capital and Connection with the CIP
- What’s the point?
- How much can you afford? How do you know?
Working with Elected Officials
- How to prepare for workshops, meetings and the Public Hearing
- How to prepare for adoption, what’s next after adoption?
To Register for this Workshop, Copy and Paste the Link Below:
Technical Support – VT staff will have sample spreadsheets, powerpoints, and other information available for local governments. Questions? Contact Stephanie Davis, Program Director, email@example.com