- Intermediate Governmental Accounting (1)
- Advanced Governmental Accounting (1)
- Internal Controls, Auditing and Fraud (1)
- Operating and Capital Budgeting (3)
- Pensions, Risk Management, and Procurement (5)
- Virginia Government and Law
- * Debt Management for Public Finance Officers (4) or
- * Issuing Public Debt (4)
- *Short Term Investments (2) or
- *Cash Management and Banking (2)
*Note: Either class can count as a core class or as an elective, but 1 of the 2 classes must be completed for the core courses requirements.*
Numbers in parenthesis indicate a waiver is available for this course.
A number of courses are now offered on-line through Radford University. Visit the Calendar for the current list of course offerings.
- *Cash Management and Banking
- *Short Term Investments
- * Debt Management for Public Finance Officers
- * Issuing Public Debt
- Human Resources
- Lawful Employment
- Grants Reporting & Auditing
- Cyber Security in the Public Sector
- Personal and Professional Well-being
- Responsibilities of the Treasurer (offered by the TAV)
- Delinquent Collections (offered by the TAV)
- Bankruptcy (offered by the TAV)
- Other classes offered by the VGFOA and approved by the Chairperson of the Education/Certification and Other Courses Committee
The Core Courses noted above with numbers in parenthesis may be waived upon passing the GFOA CPFO exam noted below with the corresponding number.
(1) GFOA Governmental Accounting, Auditing and Financial Reporting
(2) GFOA Cash Management and Investments
(3) GFOA Operating and Capital Budgeting
(4) GFOA Debt Management
(5) GFOA Pension and Benefits, Risk Management and Procurement
The Core Course Intermediate Governmental Accounting may be waived if you are a Certified Public Accountant.