To foster financial excellence in government by creating opportunities for professional development.
Our Purpose & Objectives
The VGFOA engages in a broad array of activities that include:
- Providing education opportunities to members through the VGFOA certification program, as well as other training courses that best meet membership training needs;
- Providing networking and education opportunities to members and vendors at Fall and Spring conferences;
- Serving as the liaison to VGFOA's regional organizations (Northern Virginia, Central Virginia, Hampton Roads Area, and Southwest Virginia) in providing for the educational needs within the organization;
- Updating members on the impact of actions taken by standard-setting bodies (GASB, OMB, etc.) with a suggested educational program designed to orient members to proposed changes in standards;
- Providing to members a State legislative update in a timely manner and working with officials on legislative issues that affect VGFOA members;
- Providing scholarship and award opportunities to members;
- Providing oversight of the solicitation and production of virtually all content delivered to the membership via newsletter, website, and/or e-mail distribution outlets, and managing related technologies (e.g., e-mail distribution) in order for content providers to best communicate to the membership and other interested parties; and
- Providing oversight of any advertising for sponsor programs, scholarships, training programs, and newsletters, including exhibitors for Fall and Spring conferences and vendor relations to promote services via the website and/or newsletter.